Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dinner Level: Exciting

So I was sitting this morning watching Scrubs on Netflix with my wife (it's our 'thing,' we decided to pick a show we'd neither watched but had heard good things about, and watch it all the way through, we just finished season 6) and I got to thinking what we should do for dinner tonight... as we have, well, not much, in the house.

After deciding it was time to get up and be productive, I went to the kitchen and surveyed the pantry, fridge, and freezer. I came yup with... not much. We had frozen Chicken thighs, and that's about it, I then thought of the HP Sauce in the pantry, unopened, and decided to do something with that, and a handful of spices... here's what a put in the slow cooker:

1lb Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
3 Small Yellow Onions, roughly chopped
1c Cauliflower Florets
1 Clove Garlic, roughly chopped
1T each: Basil, Parsley, Oregano
5T HP Sauce
1can Cream of Mushroom Soup + can of water

I put all of this in a slow cooker on Low, and I'm gonna let it sit for 6-8 hours, serve it on top of Brown Rice,  alongside Mixed Veggies.

Here goes nothing!

I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Well... The verdict: For what we had in the house, 8/10 pretty darn good. For making it if I could make anything? Probably 6/10... The flavor of the meat was good, but the sauce had to be with something (like the rice) otherwise it was a bit strong in flavor.

    Here's a shot!

    Paired it with Steelhead's Double IPA, which was surprisingly smooth, for an 8.5%

    ReplyDelete