Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm Still Here!

Well... I got nothing... Like most bloggers early into their career, I stopped visiting, and each time I thought of coming back, I thought: "It's been too long, it'll just seem cheesy..." and I didn't log in.

I enjoyed the few posts I put on here, and for all two of you that read this, I enjoyed you too. So here I am, back in full swing!

On Tonight's Agenda:

General Life update
 ~ Family Additions
 ~ Work Upgrades
 ~ Knowledge boosting

Ludicrously Simple Spinach and Chicken Alfredo
 ~No seriously, this was so easy, and so good, you're not even ready.

--
Big news first:
So, Elizabeth and I are pregnant! Well, in case you skipped that part of human biology/anatomy, Elizabeth is the pregnant one, and I'm just standing around...

We are due on November the 6th of this year, and we are having a little baby boy! His name will be Jack David Anderson. Jack after my Great-Grandfather, on my Fathers-Fathers side. And David, for his son John David, to his son James David, to me Joshua David.

To understand this choice, you must understand his namesake. Ernest (Papa) Jack Anderson is a very special man to me. He is the only Great-Grandfather I know, and he has shown me what love is, and dedication to One Love; who very sadly passed away some 6 years ago now, and for as long as I've known him, what it is to follow Jesus. Papa is not the only good man in my life, nor is he the only great man I know; but he is a man that I look up to, and the man that I have always wanted to become. He is a man full of nothing but good memories, silly smiles, and frustrated "hurrumphs" as Mama put whatever cereal I wanted for the weekend in the shopping cart. He is late nights playing cards way past bed-times. He is waking up early to drive to Daytona Beach. He is an order of onion rings and a Varsity Orange that you can't help but love. He is a man who protected those he loved in Europe by standing for his country in World War II. He is driving me through those North-Georgia mountains, picking apples, and eating boiled peanuts as an 8 year old. He is catching fireflys and drinking a Coke. He is listening to the Braves on the radio.  He is 94 years old, and still keeping a garden. The happiest memories that I hold are with this Man and his Wife.

My son will begin a whole new chapter of my life. New memories, new laughs, new joys, new vacations, and new love. I want my son to know that he is my joy, and I want to give My Jack even half as many great memories I have with Papa Jack.  I never want to forget the old, and never cease making the new.

Jack, I love you.

-

That went a little deeper than I expected, but there you go, Jack David Anderson is due in but 2 months!

-

In March of this year, my Team Lead got a new position within Long View, leaving her position open. Through much deliberation, I think, I was given the position of Team Lead over our Help Desk! More responsibilities, a new title (and a bump in pay)!

I can't say the position has been completely seamless... there have been a few stressful instances, but overall it's been quite the experience, and I am quite glad I was given the opportunity! It only goes up from here right?

-

Along with my blog, another thing I put off was my A+ Training... I'm not sure why I procrastinate as much as I do, but I do.  Nevertheless, as I had been given the Team Lead spot, I had a bit of a learning curve to master, so I put it off some more... But now that I been in place for some time, I knew it was time to buckle down and do something about it.

I'm happy to announce that as of August 30th I am now properly A+ Certified! I did learn a thing or two, and now I can officially do my job. ;)

I also participated in a few Long View sponsored learning sessions. One of which was a basic Project Manager training. Now, I'm not wanting to be a Project Manager or anything, but i thought it would be beneficial to learn about them and their mindset. I must say, I'm glad I did! It makes meetings with our PMs make a lot more sense and I can understand most of the things they say now...

--

And now, the part you've been waiting for... a shiny new recipe!

So, I wanted something easy, something delicious, and quite frankly, it needed some nutritional value as well

Spinach And Chicken Alfredo

The Needed:
2-3 Chicken Breasts - Chopped into 1.5 inch chunks
1/2 Onion - Chopped
1-2 Cloves fresh crushed Garlic Cloves
1/2 T Italian Seasonings (a mixture of Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Paprika, and Thyme)
Olive Oil
Pasta
8oz (Half a bag) Frozen Spinach
1(15-18oz) Jar Alfredo Sauce

The Procedure:
Saute chicken, garlic, herbs and onion in olive oil.
Start up the water for the pasta
Once chicken is cooked, transfer to bowl, keeping some of the oily-garlicy-oniony goodness in the pan.
Add spinach to pan with a bit more oil - heat slowly
Finish cooking pasta as directed

Strain pasta, mix in chicken and spinach - try to mix the spinach well.
Pour in Alfredo Sauce - Mix and heat

And your done!

Serve it up alone, or with some buttered bread.
Meat, Protein, Greens - it's all there, and it was fantastic! :)

--

Well, that's all for tonight I suppose!

Hope it was a decent comeback, See you next time!

-Joshua Anderson

1 comment:

  1. Genuinely excited for the two of you and all that is happening in your lives!

    ReplyDelete